Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A simple gift for a friend

The images and sentiments used for this bookmark can be found on Sweet Pea plate #7. And the plastic bookmark holders are also sold on the website; go check it out!

Here's how I created this bookmark:
- I cut a piece of Basic Grey double sided scrapbook paper that would fit into the plastic sleeve.
- I stamped the image and sentiment on watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2O's. I cut them out and ran them through the Xyron machine to apply an adhesive.
- I cut 2 ribbons, one a solid green and the other a white with multi-colored dots, to approximately the length of the paper. I then trimmed the dotted ribbon to a slightly smaller length than the other ribbon and snipped both ends of both ribbons.
- I applied double sided tape to both ribbons placing the green ribbon down the right side of the bookmark first and then the dotted ribbon on top of the green.
- I attached the image and the sentiment to the bookmark next, and then edged all sides with a gold Krylon pen.
On the opposite side of this bookmark.....
- I cut 2 pieces of very thin brown ribbon that would fit down the left side and across the bottom. I ran them through the Xyron sticker machine to apply adhesive and set them in place.
- I stamped the image and the sentiment onto watercolor paper with India black ink. Then I painted both with Twinkling H2O's.
- I trimmed the 2 pieces attaching the sentiment with square brads and ran the image through the Xyron and then attached to the bookmark.
- I edged all 4 sides with a gold Krylon pen and slid the piece into the plastic bookmark holder.
- I cut various pieces of fibers and strung them through the prepunched hole at the top. I added several beads to some of the fiber ends.
Do any of your friends like to read???
Make them a bookmark....
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. Great idea and gorgeous gift !!!
    HUGS :)
    Mag

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE and these stamps are just perfect for my stylin' girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. Not just for girlfriends, but for a teacher's gift, etc. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool project Chrissy! Beautiful bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete