Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mad tea party in a box





















This week I've been inspired to make something other than a card. I saved this old chocolate box knowing I wanted to alter it. It has a clear window that I wanted to accentuate. I used a stamp from ching chou kuik called mad tea party (plate #41) I originally also coloured Cheshire cat illusion, but couldn't make it work so I skipped it and replaced it with flowers and flourishes.

















The box was very simple to decorate: I used one sheet of patterned, glittery 12x12" paper which I cut to match the front of the box. I hand cut the aparture with a craft knife and distressed all the edges. I coloured the image with promarkers to match the colours of the paper. Don't you just love the vibrant colours? I cut out a few flourishes using a die in matching cardstock and found some bigger flowers and buttons to match. I assembled it all together adding paper to the sides as well and two pieces of ribbon. I'm thinking to glue two magnetic snaps to keep the box shut. Finally I added some glitter to some of the details and tadaaa - a perfect place to keep your stamped up images. The box is about 8x8" (20x20cm)

















I hope this box inspires you to take part in our Alice in Wonderland/ Little Red Riding Hood Contest. The stamp I have used qualifies for the contest. Deadline is march 30th. Click the link above for more info.


13 comments:

  1. just adore,this,love all the super detail you always add,to your cards,and projects hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Katarina. I love the riot of colors!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project Katarina, it is so neat! I love the buttons on the flowers. You did a fabulous job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful project, the embellishments and colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh I love it. I started keeping all sorts of "re-furbished" boxes and this really is the inspiration to dig them out. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project. It turned out great. Thanks so much for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on this Katarina. I love the way it turned out. I have so many boxes just waiting to be altered. I love the fun colors you used.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project! The colors are fabulous and I love the buttons on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Katarina, your chocolat box turned into a treasure box. Such a wonderful idea. Your box is so lovely and I feel very inspired to make something else than a card soon again.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fun project!! You have inspired me to go and alter something today :)

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing creation! You are so inventive!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete