Monday, February 28, 2011

You tug at my heartstrings

















Here is another card from me using one of the adorable bears from Elaine Cox's plate 102. I think these bears are so sweet and love how different they are from anything out there. Today I've been thinking a little bit outside the box - not doing things I usually do. To start with I inked the stamp with a brown ink pad that has 6 hues in one, going from light to dark. Then I used a different colouring technique using pastel colours and some sort of rubbing alcohol. Finally I used the same patterned paper for two panels of the card.

12 comments:

  1. I love all the browns Katarina! They make your card so warm and inviting. Love the use of those edgers as well.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love it. Love the browns and that little bear definitely tugs at the heartstrings. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! Great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the coloring done this way. The card looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Katarina. Love the combo of black, brown and creme. You made such a cute card with this sweet image.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh this is adorable Katarina!! I love the coloring it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katarina, I am speechless as this is so darn adorable. I love the color scheme, your layout, everything about this. You did an awesome job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katarina the colors you used look so warm. I love these colors and it adds a touch of vintage feel to this card. Awesome job!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet card, love the old fashion feel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color scheme you used-I'd never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katrina- this is so beautiful. The colors and softness are just wonderful and I can tell there was a lot of work and thought in this lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one so very sweet!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete